Sunday, November 14, 2010

Good news and some bad news

Good news is our insurance approved Chloe to get the surgery!! This is really good news considering each side is 70 thousand!!! I know of a family that had been denied 3 times before they would cover anything they really had to fight thier insurance to cover anything. Our insurance gave approval first time! Bad news is we have a 10 thousand deductable we have to pay before the surgery can be done. With all of the testing we have had to do to get to this point we have pretty much eliminated our savings. With the first surgery scheduled for Jan. 7th that doesen't give us alot of time to come up with that kind of money. Not sure how this is all going to come together but it feels like this is the right thing to do for Chloe so I just have to have faith that it will all work out. I have thought about doing a fundraiser, it's hard to ask people for help, so im not sure how I feel about that.
We also have to make the decision on what Cochlear implant device to use, there are 3 different company's to choose from. The doctors cannot give us any advice on this. Makes it kinda hard to make a decision.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kaz! I think a Fundraiser is a fabulous idea! I assisted in organizing one a week ago and honestly it was a huge success. Besides, any little bit helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kazie I really love your blog so far! I think it's great you're documenting Chloe's diagnosis and progress! I just want you to know how much I love her and have thoroughly enjoyed having her in my Sunbeam class. She is so sweet and loving. I wish you the best in this endeavor. I believe you will have great success in doing a fund raiser. People want to help -ask! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm came over from the AN listserv.Chloe is absolutely precious. I wish y'all the best with her upcoming surgery and am so thankful that your insurance approved the surgery. What a blessing. I would love to hear what Dr. Berlin said. We are in the process of trying to go see him or Linda Hood.

    ReplyDelete